PubCakes ($1.75-$3.50) are made up of two of the world’s greatest foods Beer and Cupcakes! Each PubCake focuses on the flavors that complement the type of beer used. San Diego has become known as the Craft Beer Capital of the west coast and this is where Misty Birchall, the owner of Pubcakes decided to take her love of that beer and pair them with cupcakes. Her shop is quaintly hidden on the outskirts of San Diego in the foothills in a shop that she shares with the Tree House Coffee Co. If you are in San Diego please don’t pass up on this hidden gem. Because it is only a matter of time before they get noticed and getting these delectable treats might become even harder. Just a small list of the 11, and growing cupcake flavors she makes.
- Irish Carbomb: Guinness, Irish Cream frosting, and chocolate whiskey ganache
- Stoned Portzilla: Stone Smoked Porter, coffee ganache, and caramelized coconut
- Top Ten Cake: Karl Strauss Tower Ten IPA, cayenne caramel, cherry, and ancho chilies
- Beer for Breakfast: Alesmith Wee Heavy, bacon, and maple cream cheese frosting
- Cup O’ Hefen: Ballast Point Wahoo Wheat, coriander, and citrus buttercream
- Punkin’ Vegan: North Coast Brewery’s Old Stock Ale, pumpkin, and maple topping